A Morning & Lunch in The Sicilian Olive Groves
Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tasting, Olive Grove Visit & Lunch
Step into the Sicilian Olive Groves and visit the land on which the olive trees have rested for centuries. Visit the Frantoio and the family behind the olive oil to gain a better understanding of the stages of making olive oil and how the olives are cold pressed to create a silky Sicilian extra virgin olive oil.
Then join us for a tasting of 5 extra virgin olive oils all with different characteristics and enjoy them after paired with a light lunch picnic under the olive trees served with local wine.
From October 1st for 3 weeks only take part in the harvest “il raccolto” to experience how the olives are picked from the trees to the bottle.
- A guided visit of the land & the olive grove with a detailed explanation of the different variety of trees and olives.
- A guided visit to see the Frantoio where the olives are crushed and processed into olive oil and then stored and bottled.
- A tasting of 5 different olive oils with 3 varieties of Sicilian olives.
- A light lunch with typical local products
- Local wine to enjoy and compliment your lunch.
About your host
The Frantoio came about from the transformation of a small family business started by a husband & wife team, now their 2 sons continue the successful running of the olive grove. It all started by annually purchasing small pieces of land along the Irminio river valley, in the countryside of Scicli, in the province of Ragusa.
For the family, this land represented a place of a little dream which they kept on the backburner that slowly took shape and became reality: the dream of looking after their trees, pressing their olives, living daily and slowly from their own land which has led them to now produce award winning Sicilian extra virgin olive oil.
What happens on the day
- We will meet at 11:30am directly at the Frantoio
- Once everyone has arrived we will start the visit of the olive trees and the Frantoio
- We will then sit for the olive oil tasting trying all 5 extra virgin olive oils
- After the tasting we will sit for a light lunch with local typical ingredients from the area
- Please note depending on the weather we may have lunch outside or inside
- Set in the hills of Scicli, Ragusa, Southeast Sicily - a UNESCO world heritage site
How it works
- For individuals & groups we provide a private visit where we can organise a specific date to suit your preferred requirements
- Number of People
- Prefered date of visit
- Any dietary requirements
- Prefered language spoken
- Any other requirements we need to consider for you e.g. transportation