A Peaceful Escape to The Sicilian Countryside – 4 Nights
An immersion of pure tranquillity in a secluded 19th century farmhouse.
Immerse yourself in the calmness of the Sicilian countryside with nothing around you but nature and calm. A moment to step away from the fast paced world and have a moment to pause, reflect and restore.
Enjoy a mindful cooking class where we cook with seasonal ingredients from the Sicilian land and using herbs directly found on your doorstep and local restaurants in the nearby towns of Scicli & Modica just a short drive away. Experience the local towns in more depth with our cooking classes, wine tastings and visits to the very Sicilian Modican chocolate laboratories with tastings.
Casale Spana is a secluded 19th century farmhouse in a rural setting with extensive grounds. The original stone house constructed in 1891 stretches across a large south-facing stone terrace providing panoramic views over the mature land, the Sicilian landscape and beyond a glimpse of the sea. The house is located down a quiet lane and not overlooked providing a wonderful retreat.
- Welcome Aperitivo with stuzzichini (snacks) on your arrival.
- A fully equipped kitchen for cooking local Sicilian dishes.
- When in season peaceful carob, almond and olive picking on the land.
- Optional, cooking class at home with lunch or dinner & paired wines.
- At your request lunches or dinners at home.
- Optional, bespoke food shop by us for local ingredients & wine for you to enjoy during your stay.
- At your request restaurant recommendations & bookings.
About your accommodation & hostCasale Spana, Your Accommodation - Sleeps 4 Adults
Skilled local stonemasons have restored the farmhouse to create a comfortable two bedroom home to all enjoy year round. From the sun terrace the main door opens onto sociable, open plan kitchen, diner and living space. The interiors are finished with a simple colour palette and mixture of modernist classics and antique furniture giving a unique look to this Sicilian farmhouse. The kitchen is well equipped with everything you may need including a large selection of herbs, spices and cooking oils.
- Bedroom I : Large double bed that can also become two single beds as required
- Bedroom II : English walnut double bed
- Living space : Extendable dining table
- Kitchen : Smeg dual fuel range cooker, dishwasher
- Large bathroom : shower, cast iron roll top bath, walled outdoor shower, bidet, two metre long double sink made from the original in situ animal trough
- Fast satellite internet
- Mosquito screens
- Wall-mounted air conditioning/heating in the bedrooms and living room for year-round comfort
- Smoke and CO2 alarm
- Washing machine and separate dryer
- Hair dryer and iron
- Board games and selection of cookery books
- Travel cot
- Children’s books and puzzles
Your hostEmilia joins the family of Casale Spana to create your peaceful countryside Sicilian holiday. Emilia's experience takes her from cooking for the royal family in London, to a 3 Michelin star patisserie in Paris and a luxury 5 star hotel in Milan with a lot of fresh pasta making, Emilia has chosen to return back to her roots in Sicilian cuisine. Emilia cooks dishes she learnt growing up from her Nonni “Come una volta” (how they used to it) using only locally sourced ingredients from Sicily, including Sicilian natural wine but always with her professional training and discipline behind her dishes. Read more about Emilia here.
Duration4 nights (also available for 7 nights)
Approx price per personOn request
AvailabilityAll year around
LocationBetween Scicli & Modica (RG)
Casale Spana is located in southern Sicily between two beautiful UNESCO World Heritage listed Baroque towns Scicli & Modica.
Located in the Province of Ragusa the surrounding rural landscape is made up of limestone hills, steep canyons and sharp valleys alternating with gentle hills rich in carob, olive and almond groves separated by low dry-stone walls, which are typical of the area. The nearby towns contain some of the best examples of late Baroque architecture in Europe and are a delight to visit.
How it works
- Together we will choose a date to have your 4 night experience.
- Strazzanti can offer you extra services if required, including a taxi from the airport.