A Slow Morning at COS Winery
A magical visit to the vineyards & winery with wine tasting and personal guide.
Driving through the desert-like land of Vittoria in Southeast Sicily you arrive at one of Sicily’s most well known wineries, famous for their DOCG Cerasuolo di Vittoria wine – COS.
Greeted by your host you will visit the land where the vines grow and enjoy a tour of the winery and its cantina where the wines patiently ferment in their infamous amphora terracotta pots. Amphora, once used by the Romans – Greeks as a clay vessel to store and move liquids COS winemakers have adapted this ancient tradition to create a unique biodynamic Sicilian wine, known across the world.
- A personal wine visit and tour of the winery and cantina by an expert member of the COS team
- A tasting of 3 wines with full explanation by a member of the COS team
- Exclusive access to the personal wine shop located in the cantina.
About your hostCos are leaders in the wine industry around the world, their wines tell a story of the Sicilian land. Based in Vittoria, Sicily, the Mediterranean climate hosts milder temperatures than other areas of the province of Ragusa, as well as African roots from various architectural ruins. With olives, carob, almond trees and vines abound, this unique climate and with the expertise of Cos they create unique natural Sicilian wines.
What happens on the day
- You will be greeted by your hosts at the orginal winery of COS located in the area of Vittoria, South East Sicily
- Your well informed host will guide you through the vineyard, winery and cantina
- Enjoy a wine tasting with 3 COS wines
- Vittoria, Sicily
How it worksTo request your experience with personalised quote please contact us via the request form here link with the following information:
- Number of People
- Prefered date of visit
- Any dietary requirements
- Prefered language spoken
- Any other requirements we need to consider for you e.g. transportation