Walk & Cook in the UNESCO Town of Scicli
A relaxed walking tour meeting the local food heroes with cooking class, lunch & wine.
Join Emilia, to experience the historic & Unesco town of Scicli (where Inspector Montalbano is filmed) just like the locals do.
Emilia with her expertise in the food & wine industry will take you to the best places to discover the local food and wine of Scicli so you can experience the unique town just like Montalbano and the local Sciclitani.
Then after meeting the locals and purchasing some of your ingredients and wine together for your lunch join Emilia in her traditional Scicli home with original stone wall features for a hands on cooking class. Learn how to make fresh pasta the Sicilian way from the Ragusa area using local ancient grain semolina flour.
Enjoy and sit down to a lunch prepared by Emilia with natural Sicilian wine and your very own freshly made pasta creation. Filled with local knowledge, Sicilian history and culture this is a wonderful day experience during your stay in Sicily.
“We really enjoyed everything: shopping at her favorite bakery, the fruit and veg stand and the wine shop. She gave us interesting insights about what it’s like to live and work in Scicli. And we really loved being in her home. She made us feel very relaxed and welcomed. It was fun making pasta with her, which was a new experience for us. Because of her warm manner, we each shared some challenges in our lives with her, and her with us. We ended our visit finding a new friend!”
- A morning coffee & a moment in front of the famous Town hall where the TV series Montalbano is filmed.
- A personal walk & talk around the historic town to meet the local food & wine artisans with Emilia
- A hands on cooking class making Sicilian fresh pasta.
- A full homemade 3 course Sicilian lunch with local Sicilian natural wine.
About your host
Our Founder: Emilia is proud to showcase the food & wine artisans of Sicily who strive to continue Sicilian traditions and pass them down to the next generation just as her Sicilian grandparents did for her growing up in the UK. Although Emilia’s experience takes her from cooking for the royal family in London, to a 3 Michelin star patisserie in Paris and a luxury 5 star hotel in Milan with a lot of fresh pasta making, Emilia has chosen to return back to her roots in Sicilian cuisine.Emilia cooks dishes she learnt growing up from her Nonni “Come una volta” (how they used to it) using only locally sourced ingredients from Sicily, including Sicilian natural wine. Emilia cooks traditional Sicilian recipes but always using her professional training, discipline & knowledge about Sicily behind her dishes too .
What happens on the day
- 10:00am Meet & Greet at the Townhall (where Montalbano is filmed)
- A stroll through the historic center to the local Bakery to select your bread for lunch, a visit to the vegetable stalls & pastry shop.
- A visit to the local Enoteca & introduction to some incredible natural biodynamic Sicilian wines.
- Arrive to a traditional Sicilian Dammuso home, just like where Emilia’s Nonni lived.
- Fresh Pasta making using Sicilian ancient grain semola rimachinata flour .
- A typical Sicilian Lunch with wine.
- 15:00 End of the experience.
- Set in the hills of Scicli, Ragusa, Southeast Sicily - a UNESCO world heritage site
How it worksTo request your experience with personalised quote please contact us via the request form here link with the following information.
- Number of People.
- Prefered date of visit.
- Any dietary requirements.
- Prefered language spoken.
- Any other requirements we need to consider for you e.g. transportation