Arancini Making, Master the Art
Master the art of making the traditional Sicilian street food Arancino Siciliano
Join Emilia, to experience the art of Arancini making in Sicily and learn the story behind the history of the Sicilian rice ball, a now famous street food on the island which has been a part of Sicily’s heritage since the 10th century.
Join Emilia in her traditional Scicli home with original stone wall features for a hands on cooking class. Learn how to make Arancini Siciliani the way once made from their origin during the Arabic settlement using locally sourced ingredients, different fillings and understanding the different shapes and names.
Enjoy and sit down to a light lunch prepared by Emilia with natural Sicilian wine and your very own freshly made Arancini. Filled with local knowledge, Sicilian history and culture this is a wonderful day experience during your stay in Sicily.
“We had a very special trip to Sicily,Our food experience with Emilia was so much more than food, she shared her life, and we feel we made a friend”
Thanks to Remko Kraaijeveld for the photos
- A morning coffee & stroll through the historic town of Scicli
- A demonstration & hands on Arancini cooking masterclass.
- A homemade Sicilian lunch with local Sicilian natural wine.
About your host
Our Founder: Emilia is proud to showcase the food & wine artisans of Sicily who strive to continue Sicilian traditions and pass them down to the next generation just as her Sicilian grandparents did for her growing up in the UK. Although Emilia’s experience takes her from cooking for the royal family in London, to a 3 Michelin star patisserie in Paris and a luxury 5 star hotel in Milan with a lot of fresh pasta making, Emilia has chosen to return back to her roots in Sicilian cuisine.Emilia cooks dishes she learnt growing up from her Nonni “Come una volta” (how they used to it) using only locally sourced ingredients from Sicily, including Sicilian natural wine. Emilia cooks traditional Sicilian recipes but always using her professional training, discipline & knowledge about Sicily behind her dishes too .
What happens on the day
- 11:00am Meet & Greet at the Townhall (where Montalbano is filmed)
- A stroll through the historic center to arrive to a traditional Sicilian Dammuso home, just like where Emilia’s Nonni lived.
- A masterclass in Sicilian Arancini making .
- A typical Sicilian Lunch with wine.
- 14:00 End of the experience.
- Set in the historic centre of Scicli, Ragusa, Southeast Sicily - a UNESCO world heritage site
How it worksTo request your experience with personalised quote please contact us via the request form here link with the following information.
- Number of People.
- Prefered date of visit.
- Any dietary requirements.
- Prefered language spoken.
- Any other requirements we need to consider for you e.g. transportation