The perfect Sicilian Sugo di Pomodoro – Video RecipeAll Recipes
Makes roughly 600g Sugo or enough for one Sugo di Pomodoro recipe
- 2 x Large Garlic cloves crushed
- 20g x Fresh Basil leaves
- 2x 400g Chopped canned tomatoes
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Sea salt
- OR try our Sicilian Sugo di Pomodoro 180g, produced and jarred in Sicily.
Also available within our Pasta with Sugo di Pomodoro Recipe Parcel
Make sure to read our Tips!
Take a non-stick saucepan and add in 2 Tbsp’s of olive oil; add in your crushed garlic cloves taking off the skin and gently fry until a very light golden brown.
Once the garlic is cooked tear your basil into the saucepan and fry for a further 30 seconds.
Then add in your chopped tomatoes, season with sea salt and mix well.
Place a lid on top of the saucepan and cook for 20 minutes on a low heat.
- Once cooled you can place your Sugo into containers and store in the freezer and use for the base of your sauces and antipasti e.g. our stuffed peppers and pasta alla norma.
- Mix the Sugo through with Linguine and grate lashings of Pecorino cheese through the pasta and on top to make the most humble, yet delicious pasta dish.